Monday, May 17, 2010

I LIKE THIS TRAILER FOR THE EXORCIST II: THE HERETIC



The Exorcist is one the best horror movies ever made. The Exorcist II is not. But this preview might lead you to believe otherwise. The music in it is off the wall and it bombards you with what the kids call "batshit-insane imagery." It's like they culled every frame from the movie that might mislead you into thinking that The Exorcist II was going to be the craziest movie you have ever seen and then spliced them together one after the other on top of overbearingly bonkers music.

Sure it isn't representative of the movie, but this trailer would have gotten me in a theater. It kind of makes me want to watch it right now. And I know I'll be disappointed in two hours. That's the power of this trailer. Or perhaps it's the power of Pazuzu?

No comments: